Public Access : Yes
- MA Economics (University of Cambridge)
- Common Professional Examination (Thames Valley University)
Sold mainframe computers for 13 years prior to coming to the Bar.
- Landlord and tenant law: Alastair acts for landlords and tenants and managing agents in the fields of residential and commercial property.
- Property law: Alastair advises and litigates all aspects of real property, including boundary disputes, building disputes and rights of co-owners, including undue influence claims.
- Personal injury/clinical negligence law: Alastair acts for individuals and insurance companies with particular emphasis on occupier’s liability and injuries arising in a landlord and tenant context.
Other areas in which Alastair practises include wills and probate of both English and foreign domiciled people; commercial litigation arising from contractual disputes, in particular insurance and franchising contracts; and employment law (both advisory work and representation at Industrial Tribunals).
- Public law: Alastair appears regularly in County Courts for appeals under section 204 of the Housing Act 1996. He appears in the Administrative Court in relation to other areas of housing law, including out of hours injunctive relief.
- Chancery Bar Association
- Professional Negligence Bar Association
Playing golf at the Roehampton Club and watching cricket at MCC.
Representative cases in the Court of Appeal include:
- Eren v London Borough of Haringey  EWCA Civ 409
- Notting Hill Housing Trust v Roomus  1 WLR 1375 CA
- Clickex Limited v McCann  32 HLR 324 CA
- Surrey County Council v Lamond  12 EG 170 CA