Public Access : Yes
- LL.B. (Hons)(Lond)
John has always had a wide and varied Common Law practice that has also included chancery, regulatory and local authority elements.
Experience of the whole criminal calendar, including murder and serious fraud. Also extensive courts-martial work in the UK, Germany, Northern Ireland and Brunei.
Contract, tort (inc. professional negligence), building and boundary disputes. Also some probate/Inheritance Act work.
- Honourable Society of Middle Temple
Photography, antiquarian books
- Canterbury City Council v Ali  EWHC 2360 Admin – local authority regulation of taxi drivers
- R v Pearce  Crim L.R. 442 CA – real property not to be forfeited under s.27, Misuse of Drugs Act, 1971
- R v Crn. Ct. at Inner London Sessions ex p. Baines & Baines  3 All ER 1025 – no privilege in solicitor’s conveyancing documents in production order under PACE – proceeds of Brink’s MAT robbery
- R v Young (1984) 78 Crim. App. R. 288 Ct.-MAC – drunkenness no defence to drug possession