Public Access : Yes
• Bar Vocation Course, BBP Law School
Michele recently joined Chambers having previously practised for almost two decades at the Criminal Bar. Michele had a career in the Civil Service working for several years in the Department for Social Security (now the Department for Work and Pensions). Michele acquired a wealth of experience and skills which aided her decision to pursue a career at the Bar. Michele is reputed to have excellent client care skills and her down to earth approach outside the court room is what set her apart and endears her to both lay and professional clients. Michele’s practice comprises Criminal defence work Family law and Civil law work in housing and landlord and tenant matters.
Michele is an established criminal law barrister. She has considerable experience in both prosecution and criminal defence work. Michele has developed a solid and successful criminal defence practice and exclusively undertakes criminal defence work.
In 2019 Michele was part of a criminal defence team of junior counsel led by Dr Courtenay Griffiths QC in a high profile three handed murder trial, that received national media coverage including reporting by BBC News. Michele is RASSO trained and happy to accept instructions across the full spectrum of criminal offences in particular, serious sexual offences including rape and cases involving serious violence. Michele is accredited to conduct advocacy on behalf of vulnerable defendants, where an intermediary is often required to attend court. She is also accredited to conduct advocacy in the specialist Youth Court and has expertise in defending young people under the age of 18 charged with the most serious offences.
Michele is experienced in criminal appellate work, often appearing at the Central Criminal Court (the Old Bailey) on appeals against conviction or sentence. Michele is happy to accept instructions in related appeals work. Michele has a thorough knowledge and experience of proceeds of crime work including confiscation proceedings involving cash forfeiture applications under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 and Part III Criminal Justice (International Co-operation) Act 1990.
Michele’s Family law expertise is in advising and representing parents, guardians and other family members in private law Children’s Act proceedings.
Michele is adept in dealing with a variety of Children’s Act applications including intractable disputes concerning the living and contact arrangements for children.
Michele is regularly instructed to act in proceedings involving child arrangements, prohibited steps, non-molestation, occupational orders, interim removal orders and fact finding. Michele is particularly skilled in negotiations and often settles contested cases before a final hearing is commenced in court. Michel provides representation to both applicants and respondents in Ex-Parte and return date hearings. Michele would like to develop her financial dispute practice and is happy to accept instructions and represent clients in low to mid net worth cases. She can advise on finding a resolution to a couple’s financial affairs, following the breakdown of a marriage or civil partnership.
Michele has a civil law practice and provides representation in court on matters involving landlord and tenant disputes, forfeiture of leases and housing law. She can also advise both claimants and defendants in small and fast track contractual terms disputes as well as contentious credit hire matters.
– R v T: serious violence against complainant with mental illness. Successfully obtained conviction.
– R v G: Conspiracy to supply Class A drugs with intent to supply. Successfully upheld appeal against sentence.
– R v D: Defendant charged with using false Instruments and obtaining by deception. Successfully secured conviction for forgery and obtaining by deception.
– R v Q: Theft from a High Street Store. Successfully obtained suspended sentence for defendant despite CCTV evidence of the defendant caught stealing high value merchandise from the High Street department Store.
– Brent Youth Court: 15- year -old defendant jointly charged with two others with kidnap and false imprisonment of a 10 -year -old child. Successfully argued defendant not part of joint enterprise.
• “Michele acted for us in a criminal case. She conducted the case professionally and properly and we were happy with the service she provided.” Nigel Richardson- Senior Partner, Hodge Jones and Allen LLP
• Michele was instructed by this firm. She was competent and professional throughout and our client was acquitted of all charges. We would have no hesitation in instructing her again.” Christopher Coss – Birds Solicitors, criminal defence specialists.
• “We have instructed Ms Robinson of counsel to represent our clients on criminal matters. We are happy to instruct her in the future.”S. Athurallyage – Sam Solicitors
• “Justice was done due to your amazing professionalism. I would recommend your professional services to family and friends. Thank you very much and keep up your brilliant work.”Duane V, a witness at Court
• “I would like to thank you for your fantastic support and efforts that you put towards my court case. I highly appreciate your help.”Syed N, a complainant at court
• “Ms Robinson professionally and calmly advised what would happen on entering the court. Ms offered a calm, professional and reassuring presence for any witness giving evidence for the first time.”Morwenna M, a witness at Court
• “I have had many dealings with you in my role as Police Liaison Officer, I found you to be very professional and friendly. You are always pleasant and very easy to talk to at all times.”
Police Constable, M.B, The Metropolitan Police
• “When I have worked with you the level of professionalism has been of the highest standard. You have helped me with the process of going to Court by keeping myself informed with what is going to happen and what needs to be done. I think you are a credit to your employers and show a very empathetic attitude to the two different cases we have dealt with.”
Police Constable, P.L, The Metropolitan Police
• “You were able to obtain guilty verdicts is a credit to your professionalism and determination to see justice is done. I would welcome the opportunity to work with you again.”
Police Constable, C.M, The Metropolitan Police
• “In my humble opinion, I found you to be both professional and well prepped for the case.”
June W, Defence Counsel
• “The Bench thanked Ms Robinson (counsel) for her professionalism.”
Katherine T, Legal Adviser HMCTS
• The Honourable Society of the Inner Temple
• The Criminal Bar Association
Travelling, music and films