Public Access : Yes
- MA (Hons) Jurisprudence (University of Oxford)
- Bar Vocational Course (Inns of Court School of Law)
- AVCM – Associate Diploma (Victoria College of Music)
In her time at the Bar, Lisa has acquired considerable expertise across a wide range of practice areas. Her general civil practice includes insolvency and winding up, Landlord and Tenant matters, Consumer Credit Act claims, breach of contract, employment, general negligence and insurance (specialising in fraud, judicial declarations and contract voidance).
She regularly acts for both Claimant and Defendant in all types of personal injury and negligence matters. She has a broad range of experience in the following areas: employers’ liability, public liability, road traffic (including credit hire cases), occupiers’ liability, psychiatric injury, catastrophic injury, stress at work and travel law. In RTA matters she specialises in cases involving high performance vehicles, motorcycles and fleet.
Lisa appears in the High Court, County Courts and Tribunals all over the country. She accepts instructions to appear at full hearings and a full range of applications in small, fast and multi track matters. Lisa also accepts instructions to provide consultancy and/or advisory work in all of the areas above as well as drafting Opinions, Particulars of Claim, Defences, Reply and Defence to Counterclaim and Requests for Further Information. Lisa also has experience in commercial, civil and family mediation, inquests and inquiries.
Clients have included Ford Motor Company, HM Custom and Excise, The World Federation for Mental Health, Daimler Chrysler motor Company, Thompson Holiday Company, Haven Insurance, AXA, Liverpool Victoria, The Home Office, The World Federation for Mental Health, Local Authorities, Housing Associations and Shelter to name a few.
Lisa has experience acting for appellants in immigration hearings in the first tier and upper tribunal. She has experience in all aspects of immigration law, including asylum, human rights, EU Law, British citizenship, entry clearance, deportation, bail applications, student, spousal and business visas and regularly advises large companies and small business on entrepreneur visas and employee sponsorship. Lisa has a particular interest in personal injury claims arising from immigration issues such as unlawful detention.
Lisa also has experience in charities law offering advice to both global and local charities in relation to set up, compliance, HR issues and outsourcing agreements and is currently the legal advisor to a leading global mental health charity.
- Lincoln’s Inn Sir Thomas More Bursary, BVC Award (2001)
- Lincoln’s Inn Hardwicke Entrance Scholarship Award (2000)
- Lincoln’s Inn Denning Society Award (2000)
- Winner of the Keble College Mooting Competition (1999)
- Independent Order of Foresters Scholarship Educational Award (1997)
- Chair of the World Mental Health Federation (WMHF) Legal Panel
- Founding Member, Trustee and Legal Adviser for the World Dignity Project (Global mental health advocacy charity)
- Personal Injury Bar Association
- Professional Negligence Bar Association
- Association of Commonwealth Lawyers