Public Access : Yes
- MA (Hons.) Moral Philosophy, Logic and Metaphysics (University of St Andrews)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Law (BPP Law School)
- Bar Vocational Course (BPP Law School)
Prior to joining the Bar, Lee worked at leading American law firms and UK magic circle firms, where his work included representing a multinational corporate client that was subject to a major international investigation by the US Securities and Exchange Commission, representing a global software company in respect of antitrust proceedings at the European Commission and defending insurer and institutional clients in the key areas of professional indemnity, healthcare, employment and public authority litigation. Lee also acquired particular expertise acting for barristers, solicitors and architects in negligence claims.
Lee has over a decade of experience at the Bar and in that time he has acquired considerable expertise across a wide range of practice areas. His general civil practice includes insolvency and winding up, Consumer Credit Act claims, personal injury, employment law and breach of contract.
Lee has a particular interest in professional and clinical negligence (having co-authored Singapore’s first practitioner text on the subject), regulatory and disciplinary, and landlord and tenant. He is standing counsel to two of London’s foremost residential property investment companies, and represents their interests in various matters and recently defended a borough councillor in disciplinary proceedings. He has also clerked hearings at the Disciplinary Tribunal of the Council of the Inns of Court.
Lee has prosecuted and defended in all areas of criminal law, including cases requiring sensitive client care or cross-examination of young or vulnerable witnesses. His criminal practice now consists almost exclusively of white collar cases, and he remains happy to accept instructions to defend privately funded road traffic matters, and to advise institutional clients in the private sector in relation to compliance with money laundering and counter-terrorist financing regulations.
Lee accepts instructions in all areas of family law in private law proceedings, public law proceedings and ancillary relief.
Selected Teaching and Speaking Engagements
- An Introduction to the English Legal System (annual course for the Italian Legal Profession) – The Law Society, London
- Seminar for the Japanese Legal Profession on Trial by Jury – The Honourable Society of Middle Temple
- Trainer for Delegation to William C Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot in Vienna – The College of Law, London
- Trainer for The Annual Pupils’ Compulsory Mock Trial Exercise at the Royal Courts of Justice, Lecturer at The Annual Compulsory Practice Management Course for Pupils, Guest Speaker at The BVC Provincial Students Education Day – The Honourable Society of Gray’s Inn
- Barrister Trainer to Maidstone Grammar School – The Citizenship Foundation Bar Mock Trial Competition
- Judge – The Finchley Catholic High School Year 13 Law Competition
- Prince Of Wales Scholar (The Honourable Society of Gray’s Inn)
- Gershon Ellenbogen Advocacy Prize
- Norman Tapp Mooting Prize
- James Hunt Advocacy Prize (runner-up)
- BPP Law School Mooting Competition Final Winner
Spanish, French, Italian
Outside the law, Lee enjoys cooking vast quantities of food for friends and family, working off the calories in the swimming pool the following morning, playing bridge and both reading and writing novels of questionable literary quality.