Public Access : Yes
- BSc (Honours) Physics with Electronics, University of Southampton, 1984
- LLB (Honours) Law, The Open University, 2005
- Bar Vocational Course, City Law School, 2008
- Admitted to the Roll of Solicitors on 1st August 2012
- Higher Rights of Audience (Criminal, 2013, Civil 2014)
- Full waiver from pupillage granted in 2014
Civil practitioner with a highly technical background, having previously worked in the defence electronics and telecommunications sectors as a technologist and management consultant.
Ian specialises in data protection and information privacy (GDPR) and has been advising several clients in relation to compliance with this legislation.
His general civil work includes commercial and contractual disputes, property disputes, insolvency and general debt recovery work. He has experience in landlord and tenant matters.
Ian is particularly suited to matters with a technical background. He is a Fellow of the Institute of Physics, a Chartered Engineer and a Registered European Engineer and is a member of the Institute of Physics Chartered Engineer accreditation panel.
Civil, Common Law and Chancery
Civil common-law practitioner; Contract, Property, Insolvency (Corporate and Individual), Commercial, Housing
Specialist in Data Protection and Information Privacy Law
Elleray v Bourne & Hanning  UKUUT 3 (LC) – dispute regarding the purchase of a park home and the calculation of site owners’ commission.
- Chancery Bar Association
- The Honourable Society of Lincoln’s Inn
- Public Access Bar Association
Audiophile, wine, amateur radio, classic cars, motor boating