- BPP College – Bar Transfer Test (Bar Professional Training Course for Transferring Lawyers), London, UK
- LLM (Hons) in International Trade Law – University of Wales, UK
- LLB (Hons) – University of Colombo, Sri Lanka
- Post Attorney Diploma in Intellectual – Advanced Legal Studies Unit, Sri Lanka
The areas of practice of Hamsana focus on civil, family and immigration. She has worked as an immigration consultant for over five years until she commenced her pupillage in 2018. Hamsana is dual qualified and has been in active practice in the areas of public law and commercial law in Sri Lanka for a period of eight years. She is well prepared for her cases and always puts forward the submissions with clarity. She has extensive experience in legal research in the UK and Sri Lanka. Hamsana regularly appears in the county court, family court, immigration tribunal and employment tribunal.
She is also qualified to obtain instructions directly from members of the public under the Bar Council’s Public Access Scheme.
- World Bank LLM Scholarship – University of Wales
- Honourable Society of the Middle Temple
- Bar Association Sri Lanka