- 2000 – BA (Hons), Italian, Royal Holloway, University of London
- 2001 – PgDL, City University, London
- 2003 – BVC, University of the West England, Bristol
- 2005 – LLM, International Human Rights, University of the West of England, Bristol
An experienced and robust advocate with a meticulous attention to detail, Alexander enjoys a busy common law practice in London, the Southwest and South Wales.
Alexander is head of the Immigration Team at 10 KBW.
Having been awarded a Masters (LLM) in International Human Rights, Alexander has extensive academic and practical experience in immigration and asylum law. Alexander advises, settles pleadings and represents parties in the First-tier Tribunal, Upper Tribunal, High Court and Court of Appeal in the following:
- Asylum and Humanitarian Protection;
- Citizenship and Nationality;
- Unlawful detention;
- Deportation of European and third-country nationals;
- Entry clearance refusals;
- Bail applications;
- Family reunion;
- Human rights;
- Long residence;
- Judicial Review;
- Points based system applications and visas.
Alexander’s successful family law practice includes the following areas:
- Public law care work
- Ancillary relief
- Applications for occupation and non-molestation orders
Alexander advises, drafts pleadings and represents parties at trial, interim applications and on appeal in the following areas:
- Anti-social behaviour injunctions, including committals;
- Residential possession proceedings (including accelerated possession, anti-social behaviour, neglect, went arrears, sub-letting, etc);
- Tenancy deposits;
- Mortgage possession;
- Unlawful eviction and harassment
- St Hilaire v Katzenberg, December 2015/January 2016 Legal Action 44
- R (Jakhu) v Secretary of State for the Home Department (ETS: legitimate expectations)  UKUT 693 (IAC)
- Anish Kamleshkumar Shah v SSHD IA/01083/2015, Upper Tribunal
- Editor, Invictus Chambers Blog (2013 – 2018)
- Editor, The Advocator (2009-2012)
- Editor, The LPC Law Quarterly (2009-2011)
- Editor, LPC Law News Online (2011-2013)
- Gray’s Inn
- South Eastern Circuit
- Western Circuit
Outside of work, Alexander is a keen footballer and long-distance runner. He also enjoys European cinema, modern history and travel.
In conjunction with his chambers practice, Alexander is an associate lecturer on the Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC) at the University of the West of England (UWE), lecturing in Immigration and Asylum law, Civil Litigation, Opinion Writing and Drafting.